Monday, October 11, 2010

Hurray! I got a Kindle for my birthday!

My husband gave me a Kindle for my birthday yesterday, and put 'Choosing to SEE' by Mary Beth Chapman on it for me, so I'll be starting to read it today. I'm still working on 'Seven Storey Mountain' by Thomas Merton. It's very long and I haven't gotten to his conversion yet. The early part of his life is pretty depressing, since he lived such an aimless and selfish life, and was moved around so much by his family; then he traveled around alot by himself in his later teens and early twenties without any direction. I'll try to comment soon about some of the things I've seen so far that are interesting or helpful.

1 comment:

Moonshadow said...

he lived such an aimless and selfish life, and ... then he traveled around alot by himself in his later teens and early twenties without any direction.

The years don't quite work out - Merton's too young - but I always figured him part of the "Lost Generation" (post-WWI). I'm just sure Europe was still a mess when he was a young man.