Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Chance Scoggins: Stepping Beyond the Dream

Somebody tweeted this today:Chance Scoggins--Stepping Beyond the Dream. The link won't work, so just go to www.chancescoggins.com and look under the post for March 12, 2012. This, like the Neil Gaiman post, is another one that really hits me where I am right now. Been thinking alot about the gifts God has given me and how I haven't used them and developed them as God would wish me to. Goes back to living in depression and fear and complacency for so many years. This has been a theme in my latest posts, and I keep coming across this idea of pursuing your dreams, using your gifts, and being willing to risk making mistakes in order to do what you were made to do, especially for the purpose of blessing others even if you feel inadequate. God's strength is made perfect in our weakness. "Fear not, for I am with you even unto the end of the age."

4 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jennie. :) I just ran across this post of yours. Thank you so much for directing your readers to my post. I'm humbled and grateful that it encouraged you. I loved reading that this is a common theme in your life recently... I think it's so important for us to discover and pursue our purpose, especially for Christians. So many of us are just spending our days, rather than investing them in something that matters. Thank you for encouraging others to keep up the pursuit, and thank you for the encouragement.

Nice to meet you!
Chance

Jennie said...

Hi Chance,
I'm so glad you found my blog. I have been following you on Twitter since Anita Renfroe RTd that post I mentioned. I appreciate your point of view :)
I have been suffering from depression and timidity all my life, and God has been gradually drawing me out of my shell over the last few years. Lately the theme of following a dream and using one's gifts has been coming up over and over, as I said in my post; so your post about 'Stepping beyond the dream' was just what I needed to hear.
I posted about a week after that, a video of my first solo; which is part of what I am doing to pursue my dream and use the gifts God has given me. I have been very fearful and timid until recently about singing, but God has been taking away the fear and replacing it with love for His people, and a desire to bless them as I have been blessed.
Thank you again for sharing your perspective. As we all shine the light, it helps others have the courage to do the same :)

Jennie said...

Chance, here's the post with my solo video. I'm a little nervous and my voice is a bit wobbly, but I was proud of myself for having the courage to do it. I hope it leads to more 'chances' (you are well named) to shine!

http://pilgrimsdaughter.blogspot.com/2012/03/my-first-solo.html